Dr. Todd Manela of Washington Street Family Dentistry in Toms River, NJ, helps restore patients' missing teeth in a variety of ways, including using dentures, a prosthetic device supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues in the mouth. Read on to learn more.
The Different Types of Available Dentures at our Toms River Office
- Traditional complete full dentures: These dentures completely replace a person's dental gap by sitting on top of the gums, and are typically placed within 8-12 weeks after teeth are removed/extracted.
- Partial dentures: Partial dentures are used when a patient still has some natural teeth remaining. Partial dentures are removable but also prevent other teeth from moving out of place.
- Custom dentures: Custom dentures look more natural to fit your needs.
- Immediate dentures: Immediate dentures are placed on the same day as extraction.
- Implant-supported dentures: A dental implant fastens/secures the denture in place by utilizing the mouth's solid foundation.
- Hyber Dentures: Implant-supported dentures that are screwed into place and are not removable. Provide maximum aesthetics and function.
- Overdentures: An overdenture is a removable dental appliance placed on top of gums and held in place with dental implants or natural teeth on the upper and/or lower jaw.
Need to speak with someone about which option is right for you?
Dentures are a smart, cost-effective way to replace missing teeth. If you would like to speak with Dr. Todd Manela of Washington Street Family Dentistry in Toms River, NJ, about the best option for you, dial (732) 349-0006.